Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
I joined Shawn (Polk Moms) and a few others at The Ledger for a couponing class instructed by Melissa. It was a very informative class that really got me motivated to find even better deals! I have to say at one point I became so completely frustrated/excited when I found out something new (to me) about Publix. If an item is on sale buy one get one free you can use a coupon for both items (not just one) and two competititor coupons too! A total of four coupons can be used for two items! I did make sure with my Publix that this was something they allow and I got the okay.
The picture above is what I picked up today using the Publix Deals I posted for this weeks deals and then just adding in another manufacture coupon on the BOGOs. And WOW what a big difference it made! The cart was overflowing - my total was $34.16 and my savings after the coupons and BOGOs was $75.51 which amounts to about 70% in savings!!! Had the items not been on sale and without coupons the actual price of all that food would have been $109.67!
So I just wanted to apologize that I didn't get the correct information from the get go but with my lesson learned the Publix Deals on Polk Penny Pinching will be even better! Hope this motivates you and much as it did me to get out there and find those deals!

7 comments:

Christy Brinke said...

I thought you were already doing that.. when you write (Twice) The only thing you cant combine is a Publix coupon and a competitor.. I think.. I thought about going to that class too but was just too busy. :( Glad you liked it.

Jill said...

I was doing that but only on the Winn Dixie Deals, unfortunately. Yep you're right - you can't combine a Publix & a competitor. Sorry you couldn't make it to the class...I also learned about saving at CVS and Walgreens which I've been procrastinating about for a long time so I'll be starting those deals soon, too!

Anonymous said...

I am confused by one thing... if a coupon says for example Buy 2 save $1, and the item is BOGO, can I use 2 coupons or just one at Publix? Love your site!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

I thought you knew that too! CVS can be addictive, but also frustrating when you have your whole plan mapped out and you get to the store to find out everything is gone already. Last year, when the back to school sales were going on, I was in there at 7 am or so and things were almost gone already.

Anonymous - for that scenario you could only use the 1 coupon because it is for two items. Its basically one item per coupon for manufacturer coupons. Then you can add the store coupon if you have one.

Jill said...

Anonymous - Melissa from the couponing class emailed me to let me know that you can also use two store coupons or two competitor coupons. Here's a scenario: Planter's Nuts BOGO $4.41 - use the $1/2 SS 11/14 AND two of the $.75 printable Target coupons = $.96 each!
Wendy - I wish I had know - I am so frustrated with myself but so happy that I can save more! Thanks for the heads up about CVS...

Anonymous said...

Hey, how much did you pay for the that adorable little man??????

Jill said...

LOL!

Coupons.com

groupon

Restaurant.com

Followers